About us - company history
150th anniversary of Buschmann
50th work anniversary of Karl Buschmann
CNC machining centre for the production of drive shafts
Cloos welding robots for large series parts
Installation of a solar system on all roofs
140th anniversary of Buschmann
The fifth generation joins the company
Construction of an additional production hall and warehouse on the factory premises
Today, there are production halls, warehouses, administrative and common rooms on an area of 13,000 m².
We manufacture and build slurry agitators for agriculture and industry. Our company also produces large steel and stainless steel stack systems for power plants. Another area of production is the development and manufacture of stainless steel wall connection systems, which are used worldwide. We also produce vibration dampers for stacks, wind farms, suspension bridges and swing bridges.
All of these products are researched, designed and produced in-house.
Our company currently employs 30 staff and trains motivated young people with good grades to become metal workers/construction engineering specialists.
Karl Buschmann also constructed the exhaust stack assemblies for Nießing in Borken-Marbeck. Additional machine tools have been put in place. In 1987/1988, two 5000 kg ABUS crane systems were installed on the new factory premises.
After acquiring land, Karl Buschmann moved the entire company to Hamminkeln in 1984. The new location offered new opportunities. The company starts production in Hamminkeln in 1984.
Around 1980, the first orders for the Josef Schwarz company in Wesel are manufactured: sheet metal and steel works for the ventilators of mining ventilation systems. The production of slurry gravity tank agitators (type HEM) and slurry agitators was expanded worldwide.
Buschmann started to manufacture stable equipment and liquid manure agitators in 1974. This was followed by major investments. The first shielding gas welding system was set up. Another one followed just two years later. Bending and punching machines have been put into operation.
By 1968, Karl Buschmann had been in business for 100 years. In front of the old forge in Ringenberg (from left): Emma Buschmann, son Karl and daughter Emmi.
His younger brother Karl Buschmann took over the company. Karl Buschmann will soon have master titles as a farrier and blacksmith, which is tradition at the company. A master title as a locksmith followed in 1967.
Son Karl Georg Buschmann, the fourth generation, joined the company in 1967. His final exam earned him the title of “State Winner of Young Craftsmen in the Düsseldorf Chamber Area in Locksmithing”. His skillset is rounded off by a vocational diploma and master craftsman examination.
Direct production of metal by Buschmann began in 1958 with the production of prefabricated garages from used corrugated sheet metal – later from profiled sheet metal – with up-and-over doors.
Hermann Buschmann managed to rebuild his property, which was badly damaged and partially destroyed by artillery strikes. He passed away in 1946.
A household and hardware store opened in 1938. A year later, the Buschmann company started to manufacture carts and rubber-tired wagons.
Son Bernhard, who had been trained as a blacksmith by Hermann Buschmann from 1930 to 1933, continued to run the business. Bernhard Buschmann had acquired extensive knowledge of agricultural machinery technology in various training centres, such as Berlin, Riesenbeck and Vlyn.
He served as a soldier in the 15th Paderborn Equestrian Regiment in 1938. He visited the blacksmith shop in Munich and became a shoeing master. In 1948, he passed the master craftsman exam in forging and as an agricultural machine technician. Eventually he was forced to quit his job for health reasons. In 1960, he became a postman in the post office that was operated from his parents' house. Bernhard Buschmann passed away at a young age on 11 May 1974.
In 1911, Hermann Buschmann built a two-storey smithy with outbuildings on the property he bought from the Prince of Coesfeld. In addition to the hard work of the forging trade, Hermann Buschmann also ran the in-house restaurant.
In 1908, he passed his master craftsman examination in blacksmithing in front of the Düsseldorf Chamber of Crafts.
Son Hermann Buschmann, born on 5 May 1879, continued the company’s tradition. In 1902, he was trained as a blacksmith master in the royal horseshoe.
Bernhard Buschmann founded our company in 1868. He moved from Kleinköpshof from the Bislicher Wald to Ringenberg. This is where Bernhard Buschmann bought an inn with a built-in smithy. In the early days, the anvil was the indispensable tool and also the symbol of the Buschmann family.